Home > Empresa Na Hora vs Rauva: Which is Best for Company Setup?
Published at 2 November 2023
Empresa Na Hora Pros:
Empresa Na Hora Cons:
|Feature/Aspect||Empresa Na Hora||Rauva|
|Platform Type||Government-backed||Digital fintech platform|
|Process||Partially digital with potential physical visits||Fully online|
|Language Support||Primarily Portuguese||Multiple languages including English|
|Customization||Limited to pre-approved names||Full customization and branding|
|Pricing Transparency||Varies||Transparent and upfront|
|Support||In-person and online||Digital support with expert guidance|
|Ease of Use||Traditional methods||User-friendly, streamlined digital process|
By comparing the two, it's evident that while Empresa Na Hora offers a government-backed traditional approach, Rauva provides a modern, digital, and more user-friendly solution tailored for today's entrepreneurs.
1. Choose a Pre-Approved Name:
- Visit an Empresa Na Hora office (List of Lisbon offices at the end of this article).
- Select a name from a list of pre-approved company names.
2. Submit Required Documents:
- Provide identification (passport or ID card).
3. Pay the Registration Fee:
- Fees vary depending on the type of company being registered.
4. Obtain the Company Card (Cartão de Empresa):
5. Register with Social Security:
- This is an automatic step when using 'Empresa Na Hora'.
6. Wait for Approval:
- The process is relatively quick, but any issues with documentation can cause delays.
1. Discovery Meeting:
- Start with a discovery meeting to understand your project and business needs.
2. Personalized Company Name:
3. Submit Documents Online:
- Upload identification and other required documents via Rauva's secure platform.
4. Legalities Handled by Professionals:
- Licensed Portuguese attorneys navigate the bureaucracy, ensuring a smooth registration process.
5. Transparent Pricing:
- Opt for the Rauva Supercharged plan, which covers many of the legal fees for company creation.
6. Digital Business Account Setup:
- Once your company is registered, you'll have immediate access to Rauva's supercharged business account.
7. Access to Additional Services:
- Benefit from certified invoices, monthly certified accounting services, and more.
While both 'Empresa Na Hora' and Rauva offer valuable registration services, Rauva's comprehensive approach, combined with professional assistance and digital solutions, makes it a top choice for modern entrepreneurs in Portugal.
|Service/Feature||'Empresa Na Hora' Cost||Rauva Cost|
|Company Registration||Varies (based on type)||Included in Supercharged plan|
|Company Name Selection||Included||Free (Unique name choice)|
|Document Submission||Manual fees||Online (no additional cost)|
|Legal Assistance||Additional fees||Included with professionals|
|Business Account Setup||Separate bank fees||Included in Supercharged plan|
|Additional Services||Varies||Access to suite of tools & services|
1. Research Beforehand: Familiarise yourself with the registration requirements. Whether it's the documents needed or the type of business entity you want to establish, a bit of homework can save you a lot of time.
2. Organize Your Documents: It might sound basic, but having all your essential documents in order, and preferably in digital format, can speed up the process significantly. This is especially true for Rauva's online platform.
3. Seek Expert Guidance: If you're unsure about something, don't hesitate to ask. Platforms like Rauva offer expert guidance, ensuring you're on the right track.
4. Plan Your Business Name: If you're using 'Empresa Na Hora', remember they offer pre-approved names. However, with Rauva, you have the freedom to choose. Ensure your desired name is available and resonates with your business's ethos.
5. Stay Updated: Regulations and requirements can change. Regularly check official websites or platforms like Rauva for any updates to the registration process.
6. Budget Accordingly: Be clear about the costs involved. With Rauva's transparent pricing, you know what to expect. However, always keep a little extra for unforeseen expenses.
7. Be Patient, But Proactive: Registration can take time, especially if there's a backlog or if you're registering during peak times. While patience is key, don't hesitate to follow up if you feel there's an undue delay.
8. Double-Check Everything: Before submitting, review all your details. A small error can lead to delays. Ensure everything from your business name to your contact details is accurate.
9. Stay Digitally Savvy: If you're using an online platform like Rauva, ensure you have a stable internet connection and keep digital copies of all documents. It not only speeds up the process but also ensures you have backups.
10. Celebrate the Milestones: Registration is a significant step in your entrepreneurial journey. Once done, take a moment to celebrate before diving into the next phase of your business adventure.
Remember, the key to a hassle-free registration is preparation. Equip yourself with the right knowledge, have your documents ready, and you'll be setting your business up in no time. Whether you're amidst the historic streets of Lisbon or the scenic beauty of Porto, your business dream is just a few steps away.
When it comes to starting a business in Portugal, both 'Empresa Na Hora' and Rauva offer valuable services. But if you're looking for a comprehensive, digital-first approach that covers not just company creation but also banking and accounting, Rauva stands out. It's modern, efficient, and tailored for today's entrepreneurs. Choose wisely, and kickstart your business journey with confidence.
- Rauva is a comprehensive platform offering services like business accounts, invoicing, expense management, and certified accounting.
- Rauva employs licensed Portuguese attorneys who handle all legalities and navigate the bureaucracy on your behalf.
- Rauva offers transparent pricing. The Rauva Supercharged plan covers many services, including company creation, at a clear monthly fee. State fees or additional services might incur extra charges.
- Rauva is designed to be a modern alternative to traditional banking systems in Portugal, focusing on the needs of entrepreneurs and offering a seamless digital experience.